Families Deanna Kaleb Lipstick Addilyn Mommy Son Introducing Mr and Mrs Models

{The Stretch Mark Project} A Loni Newby Photography Tribute to Motherhood

  • Sunday, February 19, 2012
  • Loni
  • Labels: , , , ,
  • One of the greatest satisfactions I feel in life is being a conduit toward empowerment, especially for other women. We all have had our own personal body issues and some have overcome them, some are still working through them. It breaks my heart when women put off a special session for themselves because of weight, stretch marks or just a general lack of confidence. Here's my secret, it's not about the flaws. It's about your inner beauty that shines through in every thing that you do. It's who you are, not how you look.

    The challenge that had brought me to my knees was my ever growing collection of stretchmarks. After my first son I officially retired the bikini. Then #2 & #3 decided to come as a set, so twins pushed my skin beyond its limit. No amount of cream, lotion or oils made any difference.

    Guess what? It's not the end of the world. I have stretch marks. I HAVE STRETCH MARKS. I'm still an amazing woman and mother. And guess what else? I'm still sexy. Stretch marks are something that I've learned to be proud of, not something for which I need to apologize!

    This project has haunted me for years, it was something I needed to do but simply put off because I wasn't comfortable enough to approach the subject even within my closest friends. So last night, I tackled it head on, using myself. My marks, my scars, my lines and my strength.  Feel free to share these images with proper credit (they are copyright Loni Newby Photography 2012) with any mom you feel may need a boost today!

    I'm sure there may be criticism, but those that feel they need to judge are entitled to their opinions--but I want this to be about embracing reality and learning to love your flaws. Should anyone twist that into something ugly, well that issue is all theirs. :) 












    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    This is beautiful. Thank you for reminding us.

    Post a Comment